How can I get legal custody of my mother? Posted on June 21, 2011

My mother lives in Springdale, Arkansas since Hurricane Katrina. Originally from New Orleans or Jefferson LA, she has been ill; with ulcers, high blood pressure to name some. She is 63 years old and lives in an apartment where my nephew lives; he is 18 years old. My sister lives above her and another sister lives less than 30 minutes away. They are not willing to take care of her, she had maggots on her leg and now the state has stepped in and stated that they are taking over. Bottom line is she was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months and she did not heal. They allowed her to go home under the assumption that my sister was going to be her care provider. She did it for a period of time and then she explained to the doctor that she would need to be re-admitted, because she could no longer care for her. I am in New Orleans and I am willing to take care of her, but I would need her to move back home. What can I do? A court date is supposed to be set and the social worker said I can not come get her because she is now under the courts.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: