How can I get legal custody of children who are minors? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2011

How do we go about getting legal custody of the children, age 14, and 17, after my husband gave up his rights to them and they were adopted by another man...that is now in jail for assaulting one of them and their mom dropped them off at our door step? They want to live with us and now have seen through all the BS that we said was going to happen but couldn’t prove at the time. We still have other kids at home and need to know what to do!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC | Vincent J. Bernabei
You could file a petition for custody. If the mother and adoptive father of the children consent, this should be relatively easy.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: