How can I get I-539 reinstatement of an F-1 Visa? 1 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I was a student with F-1 visa. My GPA fell below 3.0 which violated my F-1 status. I filed I-539 to be reinstated to F-1 status and continued my Masters for another semester and got the required GPA. I Graduated on May 22nd 2011, but USCIS still hasn't given me the decision on my I-539 case (they received my application on Feb 8th, 2011, it has been 4 months now). I am hoping to apply for OPT. Should I expedite and ask for a faster decision? Please advice.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
you should make an inquiry about your I539 application. You may file your OPT/EAD application but that will be approved only if your I-539 is approved.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: