How can I get help with a personal injury case? 15 Answers as of July 10, 2013

Is there a lawyer that would help a low income person in a case involving government agencies as Legal Aid is part of the problem. I did just recieve a retirement/ disability, as I am disabled and in dire need of several different cases being looked at . I have kept good files on each .

PI attorneys work on a contingency fee - no recovery, no fees. Be aware that there is a rather short time to bring sn action against a governmental unit. Usually six months.
The Law Office of Josh Lamborn, P.C.
The Law Office of Josh Lamborn, P.C. | Josh Lamborn
You should contact the State Bar in your state. Many State Bars offer a low income or modest means program so people can sit down with a lawyer for a small fee for the initial consultation. The Oregon State Bar has such a program where the initial consultation cannot be over $35. Additionally, since you have a personal injury case, most personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation because they take cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that they front all of the costs of the case for you and get paid back when the case is resolved. You could try to find an attorney in your area who offers a free consultation and takes cases on a contingency fee basis. That way you would not have to pay anything until you receive your award from the defendant.
Patrick M Lamar Attorney
Patrick M Lamar Attorney | Patrick M Lamar
There are legal aid and free legal services available. Look in your phone book, they are usually listed under Legal Aid.
Most attorneys will take on a good personal injury case based on a contingency fee, meaning you pay nothing unless you obtain a settlement. However, if your case is not very good, you may not be able to find an attorney.
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
If there is a personal injury, a lawyer will provide a consultation. If he takes the case, he will charge a contingent fee and costs so there are no out of pocket costs to you.
    Ramunno & Ramunno, P.A.
    Ramunno & Ramunno, P.A. | Lawrence A. Ramunno
    If you have a personal injury claim, attorneys will handle same with no fee or costs being advanced or paid by you directly. The fees and costs will be deducted from any recovery.
    Answer Applies to: Delaware
    Wilson & Hajek, LLC
    Wilson & Hajek, LLC | Eddie W. Wilson
    Many lawyers handle claims on a contingency fee. It depends on the type of claim and a review by the lawyer to determine if it is a meritorious claim.
    If you have a real claim of some sort most any personal injury lawyer should help you. Look in the yellow pages for PI lawyers or call the local bar association office to get referrals
    Some lawyers will consider some personal injury and other cases on a contingency fee basis, but you should consult with lawyers in your area about it and ask, up front, if a free consultation is available. Good luck.
    Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingent fee basis, so it matters not to us whether our clients are low income are not. Try consulting with any personal injury lawyer, asking first if they work on a contingent fee basis.
    Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
    Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
    Depends on type of cases. Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis meaning they only get paid after they settle your case.
    I don't really see question here. If you need help at low cost then you may be able to get a free or low cost consultation with a lawyer. Try Legal Aid, not-for-profits and local bar associations.