How can I get help with the IRS? 2 Answers as of July 21, 2011

I had a debt with The IRS which they told me would go away 4/23/2011, that's the 10 years they said they had to collect that debt so they stop taking payments out my SSI check 1/2011 ,but they want give me anything saying this is resolve instead they want me to fill out some paper saying I will start back making payments what should I do since they are the one who told me this debt GOES AWAY AFTER 4/23/2011 and they are the one who stop taking the payments out my SSI check around this time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
Do nothing and see what happens if IRS acts to collect, see a CPA or attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/21/2011
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
Without the actual documentation and correspondence it is hard to give you conclusive advice. The law is that tax liens expire after 10 year unless the IRS decides to revive them. This may be what they are doing or have done before the deadline. You need to meet with a tax attorney to review all the documents and your tax options.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 7/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: