How can I get help for injuries caused by a slip and fall at work? 23 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I slipped and fell at work there was a piece of carpet rolled up in the middle of the room my foot got caught in it i went face first and hit a concrete floor and creaked my front tooth had 8 thousand dollars of dental work done. I split my lip open sprained my wrist and I was black and blue for days all over. My case has been going on for 2 years now. How much is this worth with the case being open for future dental work.

Law Offices of Earl K. Straight
Law Offices of Earl K. Straight | Earl K. Straight
After reading your inquiry, I have more questions than answers. You said your case has been going on for 2 years. Do you mean an attorney has filed a claim on your behalf, a lawsuit, or a workers compensation claim? Has it been less than 2 years or more than 2 years? In Texas, if your employer had workers comp insurance your only remedy is through the workers comp system, you cannot sue your employer for damages. If your employer did not carry workers comp insurance, you have the right to sue your employer, if you can prove the accident was the employers fault. Also, you must file suit within 2 years of the date of your accident or your claim will be barred. I don't have enough information to give you a more detailed answer.
If you fell at work, then your claim would be one under worker's compensation. You should hire a good worker's compensation lawyer, and discuss with him (or her) the facts of the fall to determine whether you have a third party claim against the landowner.
The Law Office of Josh Lamborn, P.C.
The Law Office of Josh Lamborn, P.C. | Josh Lamborn
First, usually injuries at work are exclusively covered by worker's compensation. In Oregon you are not allowed to sue your employer for a work related injury if it could be covered by workers comp. You may be able to sue a third party if you can show they were negligent in causing your injury. Second, even if you could sue your employer or a third party, generally the statute of limitations in Oregon for personal injury cases is 2 years. If you fail to file a lawsuit within that time period you lose your right to recover from the negligent party. Finally, you should be consulting with an attorney to get first hand advice on these issues. This is not something you should be handling on your own.
Patrick M Lamar Attorney
Patrick M Lamar Attorney | Patrick M Lamar
Compensation is completely dependent on the issue of loss of access to the job market. I doubt an impairment rating has been given with regard to your teeth related to work or physical function. That being said, no one can tell you what the case might be worth without knowing your average weekly wage, your TTD rate and a few other pertinent facts. You would be best served to ask this to an experienced lawyer in person.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Check with your local bar association for an attorney who handles slip and fall and other accident legal matters or a worker's compensation lawyer. In that your injuries occurred at your place of employment, this may be a worker's compensation matter.
    It sounds as if you have filed a workers compensation case so you probably have a lawyer.
    Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC
    Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC | Jon R. Moore
    Unlike a personal injury case, in North Carolina the value of a workers' compensation case is largely based upon the prospective liabilities that the workers' compensation insurer is likely to incur in addressing your ongoing medical care and/or disability benefits. In addition to this, the value of a workers' compensation case can also be based upon the degree of impairment caused by an injury and/or the amount of scarring resulting from an injury. Without knowing any of these specifics it is simply not possible to provide an estimated range of the value of a case. Furthermore, the value of any given case in the workers' compensation context can change considerably over time based upon the particular circumstances of the case and the injured worker. If you have questions about value, it would be best to consult an attorney in a one-on-one setting to go over the particulars of your case.
    Sounds like a worker compensation case, in which case your medical bills would be paid. If you can prove future dental bills you might get some help there but it does not sound like a large case in terms of dollars. Worker compensation cases are designed to pay medical bills and a portion of lost wages. Nothing for pain and suffering.
    It sounds like you want to do a Stip to date. That would depend on what has not yet been covered.
    Your question involves a very specific and specialized area of law called Workers Compensation.
    LT Pepper Law
    LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
    If you were working, the medical care for the injuries should be paid by worker's compensation carrier or the employer if they are self insured. You also can sue the building owner if your employer rents the space.
    You do not give me enough information for me to tell how much it is worth. I am assuming that the employer is paying your medical bills and compensation for any time the doctor has put you out of work. If not, you are entitled to compensation for all of that. If you have permanent impairment to a body part, or disfigurement, you are entitled to compensation for that. The amount depends on numerous factors, including the impairment rating your doctor assigns to your injury, how much your medical impairment affects your ability to work, and your average weekly wage for the four quarters prior to your injury. The employer can be required to cover the cost of your future dental cost as they are incurred, much like health insurance. You can settle this portion of your claim for a lump sum in lieu of having the employer pay for medical costs. The value of this portion of the claim is based on the estimate cost of your future dental bills reduced to present value.
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC | Timothy G. Kearney
    I'm assuming that you filed for Workers Compensation. That said there is no way to put a number on the value without having all of the medical information from your file. If you have not sought the advice of an experienced attorney I would do so.
    Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
    Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
    It depends on what the doctors say you will need in the future. Because you are 2 years since the date o accident you should contact an attorney to avoid the statute of limitation.
    Law Offices of Jon Friedman
    Law Offices of Jon Friedman | Jonathan Friedman
    If this happened in Oregon and your employer had workers compensation insurance, you ONLY have a workers comp claim. Ultimately, you will be declared medically stationary at which time the question will be what if any permanent partial disability you have which will determine the value of your comp award. Good luck!
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied.
    Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
    Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
    There is a lot more that goes into a case evaluation. In addition to your injuries and the amount of your medical bills, I would need to know about any permanent injuries, lost wages, and other damages. Additionally, I would need to know things about you personally such as if you have a criminal history, are you well-spoken so that you could testify well in front of a jury, etc.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    Do you have a compensation attorney? If you need one, I can give you a referral depending on what County this is in.
    Law Office of Russell D. Gray, PC
    Law Office of Russell D. Gray, PC | Russell D. Gray
    If you sustain an injury at work, if you, the employer, or a co-employee is at fault (or if nobody is at fault), the only recourse is through workers compensation.