How can I get a green card through my wife? 5 Answers as of February 21, 2011

My wife just got a green card from her mother about 2 years ago. We have just got married a years ago. I am a 21 year old boy. How could I get a green card and how long will the process be?

Your wife needs to file i-130 then after two years of marriage you can get a visa.
Your wife needs to petition you by filing an I-130 petition. It will take 3 to 5 years for your to be eligible to apply for your Green Card.
She can file for you as a husband. It will take several years for you until you can file for your green card. Then when she is a US citizen, you will upgrade to immediate relative. At that point, you can file for your green card right away.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
She can apply for you but as a resident there will a long wait until she becomes a citizen.
You wife can petition for you as green card holder. processing time varies with time and service center. You can get the updated info on www.uscis.gov. However, petitioning may be challenging because you bear the burden to prove your marriage. You may need a lawyer if you don't want to be denied. You are welcome to contact us. Good luck!