How can I get a green card for my spouse? 6 Answers as of February 01, 2011

My father in law's brother is US Citizen and he has applied for family based green card for my Father in law's whole family. Their I130 is approved last year and now they are waiting for immigrant visa number. Now in between I got married and what forms we need to fill and how to contact embassy in this case so that I can also get green card as my wife is already waiting for her immigrant visa number.

Notify the local U.S. embassy/consulate, through your wife's K-3 visa application (DS-230), that she is eligible now, and that she needs to be transferred to your petition. It will be granted, and while it will take 3-5 months, you would be able to maintain petitionership, and she will be able to get consular processed for her conditional green card. Feel free to get in touch with me. Take care.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
Since your wife is now married, she will no longer be considered as part of your father-in-law's family (she no longer qualifies as a child under the immigration law) and she will not get an immigrant visa based on her uncle's approved I-130. By extension, you will also not be able to obtain a green card through this I-130 case. Please consult an immigration lawyer to plan your own immigration strategy.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
If your wife was a derivative of the I-130 as an unmarried child over 21 years of age, you marriage to her canceled the application. Please see a lawyer to help you in this matter.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
When the visa number is current, you can simply add your spouse when the National Visa Center contacts you to begin consular processing.
After your wife gets her green card, she is eligible to file for you. The wait time could be 2 years, more or less. If you are illegal, there should be a problem because you will be required to go back to your original country for interview and you will be subject to immigration bar. The solution is for you to wait for her to become citizen in order to adjust status.
    I am a bit confused by the facts but this is what I am understanding.

Your father-in-law's brother is a USC who petitioned for your father-in-law. That is a brother of a USC and would be in family-based 4th preference - see Family chart at this link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5212.html