How can I get a green card for my husband? 4 Answers as of June 06, 2011

Im a minor and I want to help my fiance to his green card but he lives in mexico. Right now Im pregnant and I've been diabetic since I was 9. Thats why I cant live over there. How can I help him to get his green card as soon as possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Is it your husband or your fianc? If it is your husband, then file form I-130 for him ( ). You should be able to see what kind of documents you will need to file along with it on the form itself. When that form is approved, then USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center and they will hold it until the visa priority date (date USCIS received it) comes up and processing will begin. This process will take years depending on which country he is from. In that time, you can check this link to see where they are on the waiting list: His category will be F1. No one knows how long this will take. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
After you get married, you file the relative petition and then there are two options (1) file for a K-3 spouse visa or (2) wait for the approval and file for the immigrant visa directly. I can check to see which one is faster, but either way, it will take about 6 months or more. Please review this information and contact me to discuss the details and a more specific timeline.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Once you have baby you will be considered an emancipated minor, which may allow you to petition for a relative/fiance. There could be many difficulties based on your ages, how you know each other, his prior immigration history, etc. Call me for a consultation and we can discuss the situation in more detail.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/2/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
If you are a US citizen you can petition for a fiance visa. Speak with an attorney for more information. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: