How can I get a Georgia assault charge dropped? 2 Answers as of December 03, 2010

I am being charged with assault, and I spent 1.5 days in jail. It is my word against the other person. There are not any witnesses. Can I get the charges dropped and the case thrown out within the law? If so, how is it possible?

It is important that you retain an experienced criminal defense lawyer if you want to consider going to trial. Good luck!
How can a lay person (non-lawyer) persuade a prosecutor outside of metropolitan Atlanta to drop charges in a he said-she said, where the prosecutor is guaranteed a win, because the lay person knows absolutely nothing about selecting a jury or the rules of evidence? Pray the crime is not serious and the victim is uninterested in pursuing the case. Otherwise get ready for some minimal jail time and reporting to probation for the next few years. Conversely, inside of I-285, where the prosecutors are overwhelmed by the sheer number of cases, you should still pray, and try to wait out the prosecutor.