How can I get funds back from an employer who was supposed to help me get a visa? 1 Answers as of August 01, 2011

I had worked with a company X on L1 visa. My employer X had made delays many times in paying my out of pocket reimbursements and salary. Due to these concerns, I had got my H1 visa from another employer and resigned from X on Feb 25th 2011. Now, X owes me $6500.00 for my out of pocket reimbursements. He hasn't made any decision yet. I have all the proof of expenses that were approved but not paid.

My question is can the Department of Labor help me to get my funds back from X? Or do I need to take another approach?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor | Eli Kantor
I recommend that you contact the Labor Commissioner of the State of California to help you collect your unpaid wages.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: