How can I get a FOID card with a felony on my record? 1 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I was court marshaled in the army for sodomy and it was a felony but it was nonviolent. It was at Ft Drum, NY. Who do I petition to get a pardon from to get a FOID card the Governor of Illinois or the president of the United States? This happened over 15 years ago and I haven't been any trouble since.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
As this is a military matter, you would probably have to file a petition for a pardon from the president of the US. If it was a case arising in a state court, then you would have to get a governor's pardon from the appropriate state where the crime occurred.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: