How can I get financial information for a divorce? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I think my ex is lying about how much he is making a month to keep from giving me extra money for medical. How can I find this out?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
Once a divorce case is filed in Colo, both parties are required by law to provide all relevant information about income and assets to each other - without the need to even ask for it. So, the simple answer to your question is to file for the divorce. If your husband then fails to provide a sworn financial statement, backed up by pay stubs and tax returns and other possibly relevant documents, the court can take action to force him to do so. However, until you file the divorce case, there is nothing that requires him to tell you anything.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: