How can I get Felony Expungement? 5 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I have a felony from a military conviction 12 yrs ago, and I was wondering if I can get that expunged or granted clemency and how can I do that?

I would advise you to seek out an experienced federal attorney who does a lot of these types of cases. Federal case law is inconsistent and contradictory in determining the criteria, eligibility, and methods for granting expungements for federal records. It can get complicated.
Expungement is available in Michigan for most offenses if 5 years have passed and there is no other misdemeanor or felony on your record. You should consult with an attorney for the details and cost of such a procedure. Your conviction is a military one, so Michigan law may not apply. You should consult with a JAG officer to discuss the availability of any expungement.
You might want to talk to someone in the JAGS office.
Nichols Law Firm
Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
Is it a conviction in a military court? That will have different laws and guidelines that govern it.
A felony conviction in the military would be considered a federal offense. You would need to seek information from either the military or federal criminal code on whether it could be expunged. Without research, I cannot answer more specifically.