How can I get divorced if my wife and I live in two different states? 2 Answers as of July 17, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Home Town Law, P.A.
Home Town Law, P.A. | Sabina Tomshinsky
In order to file for divorce in Florida, one of the parties must have resided in the State for at least six months prior to the filing of the Petition for Dissolution. So if you have resided in Florida for at least 6 months, you may file for divorce in Florida and then have your wife served. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/17/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Well, perhaps you should consult with a person who makes his living getting divorces for people. Where did you last reside together as husband and wife? That might be the place to file the divorce. Is there any chance that the wife and you can resolve all of the issues in the case? That would be the division of assets and liabilities and what to do with the children.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/16/2017
Click to View More Answers: