How can I get a divorce in the US? Posted on August 03, 2011

Me and my wife currently both live in Jamaica but we do not live together. The marriage was never a real marriage (I, the husband, only signed the papers because she attended a catholic college while pregnant with my child, the school was going to kick her out unless we got married). Our daughter is 3 years old but lives with her grandparents (My parents), and receives full support from her grandparents. I would like to file for a divorce in the US because if I do it in Jamaica, the process will be prolonged for more than 2 years. What are the steps he can take to get the divorce, if both parties have agreed to it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: