How can I get a divorce if I do not know where my ex is? 1 Answers as of April 01, 2011

Husband left in 1999 have had no contact with with him and have no idea where he is how can I get divorced from him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
You do not need to know where he is if, after making a diligent search you cannot find him, you can receive the court's permission to publish a notice regarding your divorce in a local newspaper (legal ads section) which will serve as legal notice to him.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: