How can I get custody rights over my grandchild? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

My daughter is pregnant & the father is an illegal allen. If they deny me seeing my grandchild can I file for custody of my grandchild because of his status?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Lopez, Pyrchalla & Kaufman, LLC
Law Offices of Lopez, Pyrchalla & Kaufman, LLC | Russell I. Kaufman
The legal status does not change the fact that he is the father. Unfortunately, as a grandparent you do not have many rights if the parents are still alive and together. Remember, they are the parents and you are not. Every parent has the right to decide how to raise their children.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: