How can I get custody of a child that is not blood related to me but I have the child’s half brothers and sister? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2013

Mother has lost child and the child is in foster care. The mother has 90 days to get him back but if she can’t get him. I would want to have him with me and his half brothers and sister the foster care worker said the people that have the child now are interested in keeping him. How do I stop it and keep him with his siblings the blood mother and father have agreed to allow it but the worker and the judge said no for now.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You could apply for guardianship, but it sounds like CPS has control of the child and the court handling the guardianship may not want to intervene. Your best hope is to get an attorney and make your best case why the child should be with you.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 8/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: