How can I get custody of 10 year old son? Posted on October 27, 2010

I have been trying to get my son back from his father since 2009. I was living in another state when I lost my home and job. I asked my sons father who was living in Chicago where our child support was filed when our son was born to keep him until I got back on my feet. I moved to Chicago in 2007. After having surgery and recovering I got a job, I was getting weekend visitations with my son. Then all of a sudden the father would not let me talk to my son on the phone, pick him up for weekend visits, or say I could pick him up and then not answer the phone or door when I arrived. In our child support document I am listed as custodial parent, I have filed numerous papers to remedy this situation and the father would not show to court, finally a body attachment was attached to the order and court date. How do I proceed to get custody of him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: