How can I get a copy of my rap sheet? 5 Answers as of February 22, 2012

How can i get a copy of my NY rap sheet NYSIS preferably at no cost? What will it show? Days I got arrested and the charges? Will it show time, place, and officers that arrested me? Will it show convictions?

Contact the court - they will tell you the procedure and what it will show ( probably all of those things ).
It will show arrests, charges, dispositions, jail time, probation and parole. You might be able to get it with a Freedom of Information Request.
You can pay for a service on the internet to do a criminal conviction record check on yourself for about 40.00. You will not be able to get a NYSID computer report that will show every arrest in New york, or a federal search which will show every arrest in the United States. The NYSID report shows the date, charges, city, and disposition of eh case, including the sentence. You can go to every court that you were arrested in and request a Certificate of Disposition for an average $10.00 fee or have an attorney do it for a fee with a letter authorizing him to purchase the Certificate which will be proof of the disposition of the charges.
Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP | Joel M. Lutwin
If you have a pending criminal matter your lawyer will get it-it shows charges nd convictions no names of police officers-if you have had prior convictions or criminal matters your sheet is in the file in court.
Law Office of Aaron M. Goldsmith, PC | Aaron M. Goldsmith
You can order a copy online from the NYS Unified Court System.