How can I get a class A misdomeaner off my record? 2 Answers as of June 07, 2011

I just got arrested with retail theft and a class A Misdemeanor. Is there any way I can get this off my record? If so how much does it cost and should I hire a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
You need to get supervision or theft deterrent school and a dismissal of the charge before you can get the matter expunged. Of course, if the State dismisses the case in court, or you are found not guilty, you can get it expunged, also. It usually costs about $120, and you can get the packet with the Petition to Expunge from the Clerk of the Court, in the county where the case was handled. Of course, you cannot do anything at all until the case is finished, if it is pending, you are ineligible for any kind of expungement or seal of your record. You can probably handle the expungement without an attorney, if you wish.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: