How can I get a city sticker violation dismissed without appearing in court? 1 Answers as of May 19, 2011

13 days after moving into Morton Grove, IL I received a citation for no village sticker on my vehicle. Their village website clearly states that, as a new resident, I have 30 days in which to get and display the sticker. I went and got my sticker but was told I need to appear in court to get the ticket dismissed. I would like to know if there is a way around this. I don't understand why I have to take a day off work and lose that day of pay, which is more than the ticket amount, in order to dismiss a ticket that should not have been issued in the first place.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
This is a petty offense, you can avoid a court date by just paying the fine. This will not go against your driving record. You could try sending in a written explanation of what happened, appealing the violation. Check with the ordinance violation section of the village of Morton Grove, and see if they would entertain a written appeal, If they do not, then you are stuck, and will have to argue your case in court. By the way, you had better have concrete proof that you just moved into town as your word alone will not suffice.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: