How can I get citizenship for my wife? 7 Answers as of July 12, 2013

What needs to be done in order for a US citizen to marry a citizen of another country like Morocco, and then help that person become a citizen of the US? How much would all that cost and how much time would it take to bring that wife over to the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
Is this person in the US?
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/12/2013
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Your wife would be considered an immediate relative and will be able to obtain permanent residency. The steps are: 1) You file a petition to show you are a U.S. citizen and she is your wife (This stage takes about 5 months); 2) Approved Petition is sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire which then collects money and forms for the State Department and ships the case to the U,S. consulate in your wife's home country (approximately 6 weeks); 3) She appears for her medical exam and interview and if all is well she enters the U.S. as a Permanent resident and is sent a green card in the mail (2-3 months). 2 years and 9 months after she becomes a U.S. permanent resident she has the option to apply for U.S. citizenship but in the meantime she works and travels with her green card and passport from Morocco. We would be happy to assist you in the process and send you the forms and fees to get started.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
File form I-130 for him ( ). You should be able to see what kind of documents you will need to file along with it on the form itself. When that form is approved, then USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center and they will hold it until the visa priority date (date USCIS received it) comes up and processing will begin. This process will take years depending on which country she is from. In that time, you can check this link to see where she is on the waiting list: Her category will be F1. No one knows how long this will take. I recognize that it can get complicated and you may need help with this. Since you are asking for an estimate of cost, I have to say that it varies from one lawyer to another. For our firm, you will have to contact us directly (661-294-0911 or ) and we will be glad to chat with you on this. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You can either petition for her as a fiancee. This process takes about 6 to 9 months. Or, you can go over to Morroco and get married, and subsequently file for her residency. That process takes about one year, but she'll enter as a permanent resident. Consult with an immigration lawyer for the details. Best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
If you are not married, but have met in person in the past two years and are now engaged, you can file for the fiance visa. She would then enter the US; you would marry here and file for her green card. Please review this information and call me to discuss the details of your case. Thank you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: