How can I get citizenship for my husband who has a 20 year ban? 3 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I am from the US and I'm currently married to a Mexican resident. He has been deported a couple times and has a twenty year ban. He also has a pending case waiting to be dropped for retaliation. Is there any way I could ever get him citizenship/green card? He also is the provider for our family.

We would need more details to properly assess his case including copies of any prior deportation orders, copies of any underlying criminal convictions, and his complete immigration history including how long he has been out of the U.S.
It does not sound like you have any options for him at this time.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
The reason for the twenty-year ban on his immigration is that the United States considers him to be dangerous. It is extremely unlikely that he will ever be granted a green card.