How can I get child suppot reduced in Tennessee? Posted on January 11, 2011

Three years ago, my youngest kid's mom took me to court for child support. I was only working part time at the time, but due to the fact that the judge felt I SHOULD have been on a full time job, she ordered a judgment of $650. Immediately, I was in arrearement of over $7,000.(birth to 1yrs) My kid was 1yrs old at the time, and she will be 5 in July. I have the initial arrearement, plus what accumulated while I was still working part time. The check I was then receiving would not even cover one bi-weekly payment, but they afforded me SOME money to at least fuel my car with. I currently have an older kid, and both are on my ins. The woman now has another child since ours, and my kid being almost 5, means that her childcare is not the same as it used to be. Is there anything I can do? I asked her if she minded taking the courts out of it, and me paying her directly, and she seems good with that. However, is there anything I can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: