How can I get child custody of my son back? 1 Answers as of May 24, 2011

For fifteen years I have raised my son alone. His dad has been in and out of his life at times. I needed his dad to help me for a couple of months and we agreed my son would stay with him for a month or so until I got back on my feet. It has been hell on earth what is happening to me. I have been almost cut off from my son completely. He filed for Parental Rights incorrectly because it was filed with our 2003 Child support case in which there was only myself as the sole physical care parent. The police tell me there is nothing I can do until I get a signed order by a judge. This alienation is ONLY because I have been trying to prove for the last six months that I believe my son's step-grandfather has abused him in some way. There has never ever been a question about how I have raised my son by anyone! Now my son is making a lot of false and hurtful statements. He tells me he doesn't want to see me but neither he or his dad have a REASON for me and I feel helpless. I have only seen my son a few times in the last couple months. I wasn't even served or aware that his dad filed for parental allocation until I went to the courthouse to see our child support file from 2003. I begged him to give me them. Now I went again to look at our file and see he filed for temporary orders and STILL has not served me. I now found out we have a delay prevention order it looks to me like I did not comply with the temporary orders that I still have not received. What can I do? I am feeling hopeless and without money for an attorney already feel defeated): What is an ex-parte motion? This is in Colorado.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
It is virtually impossible to provide you with specific advice in this forum. You need to find an attorney who can look at the specific situation and determine what options are open to you. Obviously, one important thing you can do is make sure the Court has a current address for you so that it can be certain that notices are mailed to you.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: