How can I get child custody of a child that is in another country? 2 Answers as of August 15, 2011

What can be done to start and expedite custody between Ga and Canada when cps is involved in the childs home? Is an international attorney needed? What forms, motions or actions are required and how do I get them? Is there a faster way to have the children removed from the home until the court hearing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
If you plan to look for forms and do this yourself, give up and don't try. International custody is so complex that 99% of family law attorneys lack expertise to handle it. You will lose without experienced counsel. If the child is in Canada, you will need a Canadian lawyer and then also need a US lawyer to deal with any immigration issues.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: