How can I get a bro bono criminal defense lawyer? 1 Answers as of July 12, 2011

My brother is in jail and has been for almost 2 years. The DA keeps rescheduling. None of the facts fit him but he is going to trial anyway. The accuser gave a video statement that did not make sense. The statement was typed up. The typed statement did not match the video statement. The detective gave his statement. His statement did not match the video statement or the previous typed statement.
The "victim" said it started when she was 3. At this time, the "victim" lived in another country till almost 5yrs old. The "victim" also stated it happen on my wedding day with dozens of people all around? Part of her video statement, she was asked where she learned about sex. She said from watching her mom and her mom's boyfriend. Can anyone take this Pro Bono and make it stop?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
It is very unclear from this message what sort of case you are dealing with. If you are looking for an attorney for you brother, he should have had the option of having a public defender appointed to his case at his first hearing. If you are having issues with the case then you should contact the attorney appointed to his case or attempt to request that a new public defender be appointed. If you believe that this case is outside of the normal realm of most criminal cases in that your brother is being denied his rights and/or wrongfully accused then it may be possible for you to appeal to a local criminal defense attorney to take on the case pro bono. You will generally have to prove that this is an extraordinary set of circumstances and that you do not have the means to hire private counsel on your own in order for this to be a possibility. Outside of this you may want to consider contacting a local criminal defense attorney and working out payment arrangements with them in order to have private counsel look into this matter. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: