How can I get back to USA after being deported? 7 Answers as of September 11, 2012

I was deported not because of a crime whatsoever, I only had a couple parking tickets that I missed to pay on time. I'm not sure why I was deported (if because of the parking tickets due, or someone reported me), but that's all I had. They pulled me over while I was driving and said I had a warrant. When I was at court the immigration officer got me to their offices and so I was arrested for 1 and a half months in a federal prison waiting to be deported, now I'm here back in Portugal. They said I could write some kind of letter to waive my time or something, but I'd really appreciate if I could get some specific help about what I can and can not do. I love USA not for the money but for the people and the country itself, so I really want to go back now or later. Also if I get to marry is there a chance I could solve this problem?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
If you were deported because you were in the US unlawfully, you are now barred from reentry for a period of 3 or 10 years depending on the length of your unlawful presence.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/11/2012
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Were you in or out of status when you were deported? If in status, what status were you in?

Deportation is a civil matter and is triggered by you inadmissibility either being out of status or committing a crime or various other grounds of inadmissibility. To properly advise you we would need to see your records.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/15/2012
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
If you were to marry a U.S. Citizen for love, it is possible to come back. *Permission to Reenter, Consulate Processing and Waiver of the 3/10 year bar * There are three packages that must be completed.

The Consulate Processing, the Permission to Reenter and the Waiver of Inadmissibility. A Consulate Processing package needs to be done for the Family Petition.

This is a petition that will allow your loved one to come to the U.S. Our firm can prepare the Consulate Processing package which goes through U.S. Immigration, the National Visa Center and then the Consulate, so it goes smoothly and correctly.

A Waiver of Inadmissibility will have to be obtained. This is a package that will include a legal brief, forms, documents, exhibits and declarations. My firm can prepare the entire waiver, and attach all of the necessary documents.

It will take several months for the decision, and if done correctly, there is a good chance of an approval. The Waiver essentially makes the ground of ineligibility (i.e., the 3/10 year bar) disappear so that the you will be allowed entry into the U.S.

You will also need to have a Permission to Reenter done so that the deportation bar will be lifted. This is a complete package that goes to the District Director to allow entry into the U.S. many years prior to when the deportation order would allow.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/15/2012
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
From the little bit that I got from you and assuming that the larking tickets are all that they got you on, then this problem should be solvable with an I-212 waiver and perhaps an I-601 waiver of condition of inadmissibility. But it is important to know the reason why you were removed in the first place. That is going to be key. Marrying a USC is always an advantage in seeking residence in the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/15/2012
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
I would need more information regarding your immigration status, the date you entered, and whether you saw an immigration judge or not. You may be able to return to the United States, but you will likely need a waiver. The process differs depending upon whether you are visiting or attempting to immigrate.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/14/2012
    Law Office of Grady G Gauthier | Grady G Gauthier
    You case is complex, but there may be a pathway to return to the US. You need to speak with an immigration attorney such as myself or another of your choice so that the full facts and details surrounding your arrest deportation, criminal background etc. can be assessed and a possible strategy for you to accomplish your goals can be formulated.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 8/14/2012
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    To get back to the US, you will need an immediate family member who can petition for you. What relatives do you have in the US?
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 8/14/2012
Click to View More Answers: