How can I get an investment visa? 9 Answers as of July 08, 2013

I have $500,000 of funds and I am considering investment possibilities in United States. What are my options?

Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
$500,000 is the minimum amount for an investment visa. In your case you will probably want to explore investing in a Regional Center. There are too many unknowns and details to answer this question without more information, you should speak to an immigration attorney directly. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
The program you are referring to is the EB-5 program. There are two types - investing in your own project or investing through a designated Regional Center. Usually the investment amount is $ One Million; but if the project is in a rural area or designed Targeted High-Unemployment area (most Regional Centers fit this designation) then the lesser amount of $500,000 is permitted. This does not include administrative fees or attorney fees so you are likely to need $570,000 approximately. You also must show that 10 new jobs will be created from the commercial enterprise in which you are investing. For the Regional Centers the project is set up to do this and can include direct, indirect and induced jobs; for your project the 10 jobs must be full-time direct jobs. This program will provide a conditional (2-year) green card for yourself, your spouse, and any unmarried children under 21. At the end of the 2-year period another round of paperwork is filed to show the money has been fully invested, the project has not changed substantially, and the required number of jobs have been created. Then you are each issued a 10 year green card and can apply to become U.S. citizens 4 years and 9 months after the initial 2-year green card was issued. We have handled a number of these if you would like to contact me directly I can provide more details as I am sure you will have many questions. Best is to call my secretary and schedule an appointment to talk.
Hi, You should think of invest with one of regional centers. We recommend the project in Orlando. One of our partners specializes in EB5 programa program that allows you to invest $500,000 and receive green cards for you and your family in 5 month if approved.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
How to obtain investor's visa? This is a big question and I cannot answer it in detail here.
This is a very complicated process and requires a lot of discussion.
    You must invest in a specific area with very low employment by either opening your own business or investing in a regional center. This is NOT a question you want answered on a free blog. You really must make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney who focuses on these EB5 cases. They are very risk adverse and cases must be handled with great care.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    An investment may qualify your for a work visa if the U.S. has treaty of commerce with your country of origin. This would allow you to invest into a business that is majority owned by you and/or other nationals of the same country and seek authorization to work for that enterprise. An investment of at least $500,000 into a U.S. business that has been preapproved by the Immigration Service to have the potential for generating a certain number of new jobs for U.S. workers may even qualify you for a green card. Otherwise a green card through investing into a U.S. business generally requires an investment of at least $1,000,000. In any event, it is important to invest your own funds not borrowed funds. You should consult with an immigration attorney if you already have a business plan to determine whether the investment is appropriate for immigration purposes before you start investing.
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
    You can invest the $500k in an CIS approval regional center and the regional center will sponsor your investment visa.
    There are 2 different investment visas: the E-2 nonimmigrant treaty investor visa and the EB-5 alien entrepreneur permanent resident visa. The E-2 is temporary, but you need to be from a country that has an investment treaty with the US. The EB-5 green card does not have any country restrictions. Both would require you to have actually invested or be in the process of investing the required amount of capital. To start, you should look to business brokers as to a business you may be interested in purchasing. You can also start a new business.