How can I get an extension if I have a signed a lease, paid rent and have not gotten any eviction papers from bank? 5 Answers as of September 23, 2013

Bank says my leading company is not paying the bank. We have signed lease of rent. How do we ask for extension to pack our belongings?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
The landlord tenant Judge will likely give you a short (45 day) extension. Ask the bank directly first. They really don't want to have to pay for an eviction. They will give you a reasonable amount of time to get out
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/23/2013
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
Under California law, if the property owner is not paying the lender, the lender has no right to evict a tenant, until the lender completes the foreclosure, and then serves the tenant with a notice. If you can provide lender with documentation of a good rent payment history, and are willing to accommodate the needs of the lender to remarket the property, the lender may choose to let you remain in the property after the foreclosure. You should contact the lender directly to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2013
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
There are not enough facts to provide you with an accurate answer, but if the property is being foreclosed upon, or has already been foreclosed upon, then Washington law provides that you must be allowed to finish the term of your lease unless the new owner wants to move in and make the property his/her personal residence. Then you have 60-days to vacate. You would not have to pay rent during these 60-days, but you would under your lease. Under federal law, similar provisions apply, except that you would have 90-days notices, and must still pay rent during these 90 days or finish the lease. You should not have to ask for an extension, but I would recommend that you contact an attorney to at least make sure that you are able to find out what happened, or will happen with the foreclosure, if there is one, and that you can give the foreclosing bank notice that you intend to rely on their state and federal rights.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/23/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You question is difficult to understand.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/23/2013
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
I do not understand the question completely .. but a bank will have to formally evict you if you have no eviction papers.. you do not have to move until you get a formal eviction signed by the court.. It is likely you have almost all the time you need. .
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: