How can I get an assault charge dropped? 7 Answers as of June 03, 2015

I am being charged with assault, and I spent 1.5 days in jail. It is my word against the other person. There are not any witnesses. Can I get the charges dropped and the case thrown out within the law? If so, how is it possible?

How? Retain the right attorney.
Insufficient facts upon which to form an opinion. Get a good defense attorney.
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
If it is a he said, she said you will probably need to go to trial unless you can work out the case in a way so it ends up in a dismissal.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
An accusation by a victim is evidence, especially if it is supported by physical manifestations. Cases don't just get dropped because the defendant wants them to be. There are many convictions based on he said/she said: if the jury believes the victim, you get convicted; if it does not, you get acquitted.
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. Assault often involves a lot of he said she said and it's hard to secure a conviction. But by yourself you're still going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
    Ksicinski
    Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
    BY HIRING AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY WHO KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND OF CASE. DO NOT WASTE TIME AND LET THINGS GET WORSE. YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY WHO HAS DEFENDED AGAINST THESE CHARGES BEFORE OR YOU COULD END UP INCARCERATED!
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
    If the victim goes to the prosecutor's office and files an "Affidavit of Non-Prosecution". The prosecutor will consider that on whether or not to file charges.