How can I gain lawful permanent residence with entry without inspection? 4 Answers as of November 08, 2010

How can I gain lawful permanent residence with entry without inspection?

You can gain permanent legal residency, even though you have entered without inspection, through one of two means: 1) if you qualify through section 245i of the Immigration and Nationality Act; or 2) you qualify as a spouse, child under 21, or a parent of a U.S. citizen. In those instances, you may qualify to obtain what is called legal permanent residency (LPR) through filing an application for adjustment of status, with an I-485 form, along with many other supportive documents. To deal with that in depth, you can call or e-mail me to schedule an in-person or telephone consultation. Best to you.
You cannot accomplish this within the US unless your entry was prior to 12/21/2000 and you had a petition filed on your behalf by an employer or a qualified relative prior to April 30, 2001.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
This question is too difficult to answer without background information. You need to sit down and go over your immigration case with an attorney. For the most part, it is possible, but more likely than not, you will have to leave the country and ask for a waiver at the foreign consulate.