How can I gain an F1 visa after being out of status? 2 Answers as of May 19, 2011

I was in F1 visa. I was in school until december 2010.I did not do good in school. Now i dont go to school any more. I had already restate my F1 Status once. I don't know my status now. I want to go to school now but I don't know my status. I am scared to go to school now as if I am out of status they might take some action. What should I do to be legal here in USA. Can I go back to F1 status or not. Help me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I think it will be very difficult if not impossible for you regain your F-1 status. This is because you stopped going to school, as you already know. Pay a visit to your ISO and see if they can intervene on your behalf with some kind of writing. The best I can come up with to brighten your day is that you may be able to re-apply for admission and be issued your I-20 A/B and your ISO will set things in motion with SEVIS (or its replacement) and that way you will be able to make a visa application in your country of origin and get in under the F-1 visa once more. I have to confess that this is a long shot. I think it is time to explore other options. Consult an attorney and Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/19/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You need to go back to your last school to see if they have reported your absence and to request their assistance. Without that you cannot change status or transfer because you are currently in violation of your status.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: