How can I fix my status if I illegally entered the US? 8 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I entered this country illegally in 2006 & I got caught in the border. I paid bail bond $2500 holding asylum case & I have been married for 2 years. I have a baby daughter 17 month , my wife is us citizen and my baby too. We got I-130 approved, but what is the way I can fix my status? I do have a work permit.

It appears that your asylum application is pending. If so, depending on the outcome of the case, if you are granted, you will be fine otherwise, you will have to leave the US and apply for consular processing. Both asylum and consular processing are very complicated. You will need to consult with an immigration attorney.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
What is your asylum application status? You may be an arriving alien which would make you eligible to file for adjustment. retain an immigration attorney to represent you as this is complicated.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You will likely have to go through consular processing to obtain your immigrant visa. Contact an experienced immigration lawyer for help. Best of luck
You will need to leave the US to apply for the immigrant visa and waiver at your home consulate. The waiver is based on an extreme and unusual hardship to your USC wife and child. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
What was the outcome of your asylum application? You only can get legal status through your asylum application without leaving the U.S. To obtain status through your marriage you must leave the U.S. and apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate. Whether you are eligible without a waiver depends on statements you made in your asylum application and/or any other immigration violations. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney before applying for any immigration benefit.