How can I fix my husband's papers when I turn 18? 1 Answers as of October 06, 2017

I am currently 17 years old and my spouse is 20 years old. We are planning to get married next year in July when I become 18 in Mexico through a civil ceremony. Also, we currently have a child together. What would be the process for me to fix his papers? What is the quickest way since we have a child together?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Significantly more information is needed in order to provide a legal analysis of ways your fiance may be able to attain immigration benefits. This includes, for example, information about your own immigration status (Are you a U.S. citizen? Are you a Permanent Resident? Do you have some other status?); information about your fiance (Is he in the U.S. now? If so, how and when did he enter the U.S.? What is his current immigration status? What immigration-related applications every before have been filed by or for him?); Etc. There really is no substitute for you and your fiance to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, could advise about eligibilities, options, and strategies to attain your goals, and who then could offer legal representation in the often complex application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/6/2017
Click to View More Answers: