How can I fix my girlfriends immigration papers? 5 Answers as of May 02, 2011

My girlfriend and I we are engaged now we have been together for 4 years now n we have a daughter together but getting married will it fix her papers?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes but generally only if she came to the US with a visa. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you are a U.S. Citizen, once your are married you can petition your wife. If she last entered the US legally, or is protected under Section 245(i) then she can apply for her Green Card in the U.S. If not, she will have to immigrant visa process outside the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/1/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It depends on whether you are US citizen.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/29/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
It really depends on your girlfriend's circumstances. It doesn't matter, if your girlfriend is here from coming in without inspection. A marriage with an American citizen will only succeed if a removal (deportation) causes a major hardship to you or the little girl. But hardships can be established. There are also rights and opportunities if she came legally but overstayed. The process itself is simple: 1) Step One is a petition by you to US CIS, and once approved (usually 3-4 months later); 2)Step Two: An application for adjustment of status, by her. There is a lot more to it, and I would certainly start by getting married, if you do love each other. You will certainly need an attorney, and if you wish to discuss it further, feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone, to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Once you marry file an i-130 stayed married for two years. No divorce and she's home free.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 4/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: