How can I fix my girlfriends immigration papers? 5 Answers as of May 02, 2011

My girlfriend and I we are engaged now we have been together for 4 years now n we have a daughter together but getting married will it fix her papers?

Yes but generally only if she came to the US with a visa. Good luck!
If you are a U.S. Citizen, once your are married you can petition your wife. If she last entered the US legally, or is protected under Section 245(i) then she can apply for her Green Card in the U.S. If not, she will have to immigrant visa process outside the US.
It depends on whether you are US citizen.
It really depends on your girlfriend's circumstances. It doesn't matter, if your girlfriend is here from coming in without inspection. A marriage with an American citizen will only succeed if a removal (deportation) causes a major hardship to you or the little girl. But hardships can be established. There are also rights and opportunities if she came legally but overstayed. The process itself is simple: 1) Step One is a petition by you to US CIS, and once approved (usually 3-4 months later); 2)Step Two: An application for adjustment of status, by her. There is a lot more to it, and I would certainly start by getting married, if you do love each other. You will certainly need an attorney, and if you wish to discuss it further, feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone, to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
Once you marry file an i-130 stayed married for two years. No divorce and she's home free.