How can I finish my immigration petition without the person who had been helping me? 1 Answers as of February 03, 2011

I had been using a Catholic place to help change my immigration status. Now they say that the person is no longer available and that I need to get an attorney. I do not have money and have three very young children. What can I do to get the petition finished without money by February? I am trying to get hardship qualifications.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Ask the current attorney or representative to send a letter withdrawing as your representative and substituting yourself. You could also do this with a letter from you indicating your address for all correspondence and indicate you are taking over the case. Send to the address on the I-130 receipt.

If you would like a quote on taking over your case contact me as indicated below. An attorney taking over your case would have you sign a form called the G-28 to become your new attorney of record.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: