How can I find out if my invention is already patented? 3 Answers as of October 21, 2010

Is there an easy way to find out if a device has already been patented. I came up with an idea for an invention but it might be similar to something that already exists. Where can I find out if my invention is original?

Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
The best way to find out if there is a similar device is to have a patent search conducted. Our office performs patent searches of the USPTO database to determine whether there are prior art patents which would prevent our client from obtaining a patent. Please contact our office if you would like to retain us to perform a patent search for you.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Hire a patent search firm or search yourself on Google Patents.
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
You should use Google Patents or search the USPTO website for your invention. In the alternative, you can hire a patent attorney to do a professional search for a low fee.