How can I find out if my husband has divorced me without me knowing? 3 Answers as of April 05, 2013

My husband left me in 2005, he left the car at his work here we were supposed to meet up to go home together. He only took his wallet, left everything including phone in car. He left with his mistress. Now I found that she recently posted a picture of the two of them the day of the civil wedding, they appear to me dressed up in clothes that could very well be wedding attire. However he does know my address and lives in the same city less than a mile or two from me. We were never legally separated and I was left with a lot of bills occurred during our marriage. Nor was I ever served any legal or divorce papers. From my understanding/knowledge we are still married. Vegas is close that may have been a possibility of a wedding location. He is a resident alien but may have become a citizen by now. She is an illegal alien.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Check with the court in your county to see if there was a divorce filed. You must be served with papers or you cannot be divorced. There are cases where the process server has dumped the papers and still signed under penalty of perjury that you were signed. Sounds like you are better off without him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/5/2013
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn | Paul Zahn
Check with the court in your County of residence to see if anything was filed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2013
Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
First, you need to check the divorce records in your County and find out if there was ever a case file there. If he could have filed anywhere else, you can check there or hire an investigator to try to find out. You could file for your own divorce, have him served, and see what his response is to your Petition.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: