How can I find out if a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage was ever entered? 1 Answers as of September 09, 2016

I am engaged and I don't believe my fiance's divorce was ever finalized.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You need to check at the court where his divorce occurred. Depending on how big the county is, you might be able to get information on line. Smaller counties require a phone call or personal visit to the court clerk's office. Also: Can you or your fiancee check with the ex to see if a final judgment was ever entered and, if so, can a copy be forwarded to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2016
Click to View More Answers: