How can I find out if I have a State warrant or a countrywide warrant? 20 Answers as of October 16, 2012

I did not finish a 3 year probation from 1991-1994 the last 6 months I failed to contact them.

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
An attorney can usually run you in a warrant database and let you know.
Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
Law Office of Michael E. Dailey | Michael E. Dailey
State Highway Patrol usually has record research capacity better that than some smaller departments. A larger city also has the capacity but may not be responsive to a request for something they are not actively investigating. Of course, a state warrant may result in an arrest if the discovery and warrant is confirmed.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
It will be a state warrant and they will probably not extradite for a violation of probation on a misdemeanor. I would advise you to surrender with a lawyer and clear it up before you get arrested on the warrant at a border, airport, or traffic stop in that state.
You are not going to locate a warrant, until you turn yourself into probation, or are stopped by police. Good luck.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
Contact the County Probation Office and your State Parole Department.
    If for a felony, it is a country-wide warrant, whereas if for a misdemeanor, it would be in the state where the case was held. From what you say, and the amount of paper given out, you are facing a felony warrant.
    You could call the court that the matter is in. They would tell you. Most warrants are put on the countrywide system as I understand it.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Go to criminal court. Go to clerk's office. Give them your name and date of birth. They will check to see if you have a warrant in the county. To check nationwide (not usually necessary if you check in the county where your case was) you need to use one of the online services.
    Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
    If you know the name of the Court, it is possible you can look it up online. You might want to contact the Court to determine if there was a warrant issued if you cannot do it online. I would also recommend retaining an attorney to give you an opportunity to quash the warrant and give you your best chance in minimizing the consequences for failing to comply with the terms of the probation if you don't already have an attorney. This firm offers free consultations and affordable payment plans.
    Call the court. They will tell you what the warrant is all about. Your biggest mistake is not staying in contact with the court. Judges prefer to hear from defendants and know what is going on rather than have to wonder.
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law | Gary Moore
    You can be certain that a warrant has issued for violation of probation. You need to hire an attorney to take care of this problem. It is far better to arrange to surrender than to wait until you are arrested on the warrant.
    Unless the Feds are after you for a federal crime, it is state.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    You cannt check you criminal record at various on line sites.
    Aldrich Legal Services, PLLC
    Aldrich Legal Services, PLLC | Brad Aldrich
    I am assuming that you know what court you were sentenced to probation out of. If so, calling that court would be a good place to start. Most courts are willing to provide that type of information right over the phone.
    Langford Law Firm
    Langford Law Firm | Theresa Langford
    The warrant would issue out of the county where you were on probation. Many counties carry an online list of outstanding warrants. You could also contact the clerk of the court which issued the probation. Alternatively, you could retain an attorney to inquire, and if it is outstanding, to resolve it for you.
    Check with the law enforcement unit were you were under supervision.
    Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson
    Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson | Kathryn L. Hudson
    I would retain an attorney to look into it and to get out in front of the problem should there be a warrant.
    Answer Applies to: Arkansas
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    Pretty sure under those circumstances, you have a warrant. You can call your agent and ask. It is better to clear that matter up or you will continually be looking behind your back.
    Law Offices of Scott G. Hilderman
    Law Offices of Scott G. Hilderman | Scott G. Hilderman
    Call your local sheriff's office and ask.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You probably have an active warrant out. It is a pity that you have ignored this for so many years, it will come back to haunt you. Call the warrants department of your county sheriff to find out.