How can I find out if the baby is mine? 1 Answers as of July 15, 2011

There is a woman I had a one night stand with and now she says she is pregnant and it's mine. She was angry with me when she found out I was still with my girlfriend and said I should be with her. She said she wouldn't let me see the child if my girlfriend was in the picture. My girlfriend is a good respectable woman and I cheated on her.This woman even knew I had a girlfriend. What legal measures do I take to not only find out if this baby is mine but if it is to not let her take it away from me.

Vincent J. Bernabei LLC
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC | Vincent J. Bernabei
Until the baby is born, there's not much you can do. When the baby is born, you could file a paternity action to see if the baby is yours. If the pregnant woman is receiving any state assistance, the state will probably initiate the paternity action. If you are concerned she might put the baby up for adoption, you should file an affidavit with the Voluntary Adoption Registry.