How can I find cases approved similar to my case for I130 visa? 2 Answers as of March 14, 2011

When I was in USA back home my wife get married to someone else so I got the mutual separation agreement from my country where I got her sign in the court paper stating that we both are free to inter into marriage because our marriage was never been registered in the court . I was then married to an American citizen and filed for I130 but immigration is not accepting that divorce document as the valid document so please suggest me if there is any way I can have a proof or similar cases approved so I can read through.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Your only option is that you contact a lawyer in your own country, and get the divorce decree entered into the records, and show proof that the divorce was granted as an official decree. Your wife obviously had the ability to remarry. But immigration will not recognize your marriage unless they have proof of official decree of divorce. Otherwise, you have actually engaged in fraud to obtain an immigration benefit, so I would move quickly. If you wish to discuss it further, then feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone to set up a phone or in-person consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/14/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You need to hire an immigration attorney. The document you describe as obtaining "a mutual separation agreement" does not appear to be divorce document. Even you were legally married in your home country or your were not. If not, because it was not registered and therefore was not legal, then the agreement you mention is not a divorce document since you cannot divorce someone you were never married to.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: