How can I find an entertainment attorney that has experience in the law of TV game shows, prizes, and contracts? 4 Answers as of April 25, 2014

My shows will be broadcast nationwide and syndicated around the world so I need an experienced attorney that can write and review these types of contracts.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Roe Law Firm
Roe Law Firm | Theodore M. Roe
I have such experience. I would be happy to speak with you.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 4/24/2014
Dan Pepper | Dan Pepper
My law firm has experience in this area. Feel free to review further information on my website and feel free to contact me to discuss your situation further.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 4/24/2014
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
You need a lawyer to pitch your show. If someone likes it, you will need a production agreement. You also need internal contracts for your business. You will also need to review gaming rules. If you are lucky and the show is picked up, there will be production, distribution, licensing and merchandising, and syndication contracts. Since many of these contracts will be presented by those with whom you will be entering into contracts, you need a lawyer who can read and negotiate contracts, as well as write them. You might want to go with a law firm, which will charge you a lot of money. Or you might want to go with a solo practitioner. In the course of being involved in getting the TV show off the ground, you should be asking around about good lawyers, good producers, good directors, a good show runner. Word of mouth is a good method.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/25/2014
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
You can ask friends and colleagues who they use. You can also do legal directory searches on the Internet. And you can check with companies who do similar types of projects as you have in mind.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 4/24/2014
Click to View More Answers: