How can I finalize my divorce? 3 Answers as of June 21, 2011

Just found out my divorce is pending. The last notes in the case summary were, "judgement-after evidence". The judge asked us to file income/expense form and we did. Why was the case not finalized and how can we finalize it?

Nothing happens overnight. Apparently, neither you nor your spouse filed the Income and Expense Declarations which the Court needed to evaluate in order to make Child and/or Spousal Support orders and/or Attorney's fee orders. After they were filed, be aware that it takes time for the Court to review those documents, during its busy calendar. Be patient if that was all the Court required you and your spouse to file. Expect a Judgment in a few weeks. If it doesn't come, call the Judge's clerk or the Judgment Clerk to find out the status of the case.
There's not enough facts in your question to properly answer it. Call a local family law lawyer to discuss the particular facts, and I'm sure he/she can give you some guidance regarding how to finish up your case.
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
It could be that the judge is taking the case under submission. If so, the judge would issue a minute order and from that you would prepare the final judgment.