How can I file taxes if I just became a legal resident? 5 Answers as of June 03, 2015

I was not a legal resident and filed taxes for a long time with a false Social Security Number. I am now a legal resident. How should I file my taxes now?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
McKenzie,Wilkes & Mahmoud | Henry Nasif Mahmoud
Using your new valid social security number.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/1/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
File taxes using your new social security number. To keep all your tax records together, send a letter to: Internal Revenue Service.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/3/2015
Polsinelli Shughart PC | William B. Prugh
You need to contact a tax preparer, CPA or attorney to get advice on how to handle prior years. Those returns may or may not be valid filings. For the future, if your advisor agrees, you should file using the correct SSN. Of course, the IRS is likely to ask you about prior years under that number. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/3/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Correctly and honestly.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/3/2015
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
Now, use your real SSN.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/3/2015
Click to View More Answers: