How can I file a provisional patent application? 2 Answers as of August 13, 2011

I read on the internet that you need to fill out a provisional patent application. I want to speak with an attorney before I fill out paperwork. Is it necessary to go through this process? And what will happen if I am denied?

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
If you want to speak with a patent attorney,
Law Office of Thomas Williamson
Law Office of Thomas Williamson | Thomas Williamson
Please remember that a provisional patent application must include everything that the non-provisional would have had except the claims. If the provisional is inadequate to enable the invention, it will likely be worthless. Accordingly, you should consult with an attorney before taking any steps to preserve your invention rights. Also, please remember that a provisional application lasts for 12 months and if the non-provisional has not been filed within that time you may lose all rights to your invention.