How can I file a petition for my husband to immigrate to the US? 3 Answers as of February 11, 2011

I want to make a fiance file for my husband and I am green card holder. How much time will it take for my husband to come with me to the USA. My husband is in India.

441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Presently that category is backed up a few years it would more beneficial for you to apply for citizenship if you are eligible then file for your husband.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
A greencard holder cannot petition for his or her finacee. Only a U.S. citizen can do this. You can marry your fiancee outside of the U.S. and then file an I-130 petition on his or her behalf, but you should take the time to look at the visa bulletin for that category (F2A) so you will know the time frame. You can find this bulletin on the state department website under visas. www.state.gov. There is currently a wait of at least 3 years, probably more for India.
You cannot file a fiance visa application for our husband since you are married and also because you are not a U.S. Citizen. Only U.S. Citizen's can file fiance visa. If you are married you can file an I-130 petition for your husband and since you are a Green Card holder it will take about 3 years for your husband to come to the U.S.